Platelet-associated immunoglobulin G in childhood idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura Academic Article Article uri icon

Overview

MeSH Major

  • Antibodies, Bispecific
  • Antigens, Neoplasm
  • Antineoplastic Agents
  • Carcinoma, Hepatocellular
  • Immunotherapy
  • Liver Neoplasms
  • Receptors, Antigen
  • Recombinant Fusion Proteins

abstract

  • Platelet-associated IgG was studied in children with acute and chronic ITP and in patients with thrombocytopenic SLE, using the microtiter solid-phase radioimmunoassay. Of the children with acute ITP, 85% had elevated PAIgG levels. The degree of elevation of PAIgG at onset of disease did not correlate with the development of chronicity. Of the children with acute ITP, clinically and hematologically indistinguishable from the rest, 15% had normal PAIgG values. All of 22 children with chronic ITP had elevated PAIgG values. Although there was good correlation between the platelet count and the PAIgG value in children with chronic ITP, the association was not as striking in those with acute ITP; thus, factors in addition to the level of PAIgG may contribute to the thrombocytopenia in the latter group. Patients with SLE and thrombocytopenia had higher values of PAIgG than would be predicted from the platelet count; the PAIgG value is probably not the only factor determining the degree of immune thrombocytopenia.

publication date

  • January 1983

Research

keywords

  • Academic Article

Identity

Digital Object Identifier (DOI)

  • 10.1016/S0022-3476(83)80650-7

PubMed ID

  • 6681837

Additional Document Info

start page

  • 366

end page

  • 70

volume

  • 102

number

  • 3