Brain region-specific alterations in the gene expression of cytokines, immune cell markers and cholinergic system components during peripheral endotoxin-induced inflammation.
Molecular medicine (Cambridge, Mass.).
Times cited: 11
- It takes guts to grow a brain: Increasing evidence of the important role of the intestinal microflora in neuro- and immune-modulatory functions during development and adulthood. BioEssays : news and reviews in molecular, cellular and developmental biology. 2011 Academic Article GET IT
- The cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway: a missing link in neuroimmunomodulation. Molecular medicine (Cambridge, Mass.). 2003 Information Resource GET IT
- The gesture life of high mobility group box 1. Current opinion in clinical nutrition and metabolic care. 2003 Report GET IT
- Neural inhibition of inflammation: the cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway. Journal of endotoxin research. 2003 Information Resource GET IT
- Cholinergic antiinflammatory pathway inhibition of tumor necrosis factor during ischemia reperfusion. Journal of vascular surgery. 2002 Academic Article GET IT
- Neuroprotection in cerebral ischemia by neutralization of 3-aminopropanal. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2002 Academic Article GET IT
- Pharmacological stimulation of the cholinergic antiinflammatory pathway. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 2002 Academic Article GET IT
- Fetuin, a negative acute phase protein, attenuates TNF synthesis and the innate inflammatory response to carrageenan. Shock (Augusta, Ga.). 2001 Academic Article GET IT
- Increased serum concentrations of high-mobility-group protein 1 in haemorrhagic shock. The Lancet. 1999 Academic Article GET IT
- Cerebral ischemia enhances polyamine oxidation: Identification of enzymatically formed 3-aminopropanal as an endogenous mediator of neuronal and glial cell death. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 1998 Academic Article GET IT
- Macrophage inflammatory protein 1 modulates macrophage function. Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950). 1992 Academic Article GET IT
- Macrophage inflammatory protein-1 induces cytokine production in vitro and in vivo. Surgical Forum. 1990 Academic Article
- Metabolic effect of cachectin/TNF is site specific: Intramuscular production induces all cachectic changes, while intracerebral production induces primarily anorexia. Surgical Forum. 1990 Academic Article
- Metabolic effects of cachectin/tumor necrosis factor are modified by site of production. Cachectin/tumor necrosis factor-secreting tumor in skeletal muscle induces chronic cachexia, while implantation in brain induces predominantly acute anorexia. The Journal of clinical investigation. 1990 Academic Article GET IT
- Tumor necrosis factor promotes bacterial translocation in tumor-bearing mice. Surgical Forum. 1990 Academic Article
- Influence of enterectomy on peripheral tissue glutamine efflux in critically ill patients. Surgery. 1990 Academic Article GET IT
- Cytokine production in a model of wound healing: The appearance of MIP-1, MIP-2, cachectin/TNF and IL-I. Cytokine. 1990 Academic Article GET IT
- Serum cachectin/tumor necrosis factor in critically ill patients with burns correlates with infection and mortality. Surgery, gynecology & obstetrics. 1990 Academic Article GET IT
- Detection of a novel cytokine in wound chambers by the polymerase chain reaction. Surgical Forum. 1989 Conference Paper
Exercise-mediated peripheral tissue and whole-body amino acid metabolism during intravenous feeding in normal man.
Times cited: 6
- Differential neutrophil activation before and after endotoxin infusion in enterally versus parenterally fed volunteers. Surgery, gynecology & obstetrics. 1988 Academic Article GET IT
- Tumor necrosis factor-enhanced leukotriene B4 generation and chemotaxis in human neutrophils. Archives of surgery (Chicago, Ill. : 1960). 1988 Academic Article GET IT
Submaximal exercise during intravenous hyperalimentation of depleted subjects.
Annals of surgery.
Times cited: 5
Protein and substrate metabolism during starvation and parenteral refeeding.
Times cited: 28
- Cachectin/tumor necrosis factor induces lethal shock and stress hormone responses in the dog. Surgery, gynecology & obstetrics. 1987 Academic Article GET IT
Extremity amino acid metabolism during starvation and intravenous refeeding in humans.
The American journal of physiology.
Times cited: 13
Peripheral tissue metabolism in man with varied disease states and similar weight loss.
Journal of Surgical Research.
Times cited: 10