DR. NEEDELL IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS. FOR A REFERRAL, PLEASE CALL 1-888-694-2255
Dr. Nancy Needell completed her residency training in General Psychiatry at the Payne Whitney Clinic at the New York Presbyterian Hospital. She pursued additional training through a fellowship in Psychiatry and the Law at Cornell and Columbia Universities. She spent several years working as a forensic psychiatrist, not only treating and evaluating patients but also educating judges, lawyers, and other professionals working in the criminal justice system. Although she has left full-time forensic psychiatry, she still maintains an active forensic evaluation practice. In 2008, Dr. Needell completed a fellowship in geriatric psychiatry; at the New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center. Much of her clinical work is aimed at providing consultation to general internal medicine physicians and family members caring for older patients with depression or cognitive impairment. She is available for diagnostic consultation, psychotherapy, and psychopharmacology.
- New York State Office for the Aging Elder Abuse Prevention Interventions Pilot Program awarded by United States Department of Health & Human Services Key Personnel 2012 - 2016
Education and Training
- M.D., Medical College of Pennsylvania and Hahnemann University 1996
- M.S., Columbia University 1987
- M.A., University of Michigan 1984
- B.A., Colgate University 1983