1. Coleman, JW, Silane MF, Muecke EC: Experimental obstructive uropathy in fetal rabbits. Investigative Urology 9:335-338, January 1972.
2. Silane MF, Smychych PS: Necrotizing enterocolitis after cardiac surgery: A local ischemic lesion? Amer J Surg 133, No. 3, 373-376m March 1977.
3. Minick ER, Litrenta MM, Alonso DR, Silane MF and Stemerman MB: Effect of regenerated endothelium on intimal lipid accumulation. Fed Proc 36:392, 1977.
4. Minick ER, Litrenta MM, Alonso DR, Silane MF and Stemerman MB: Regenerated endothelium and intimal proteo-glycan accumulation. Circulation, Part II, Vol 56, No 4, Supp. III:144, 1977.
5. Minick, ER, Lirenta MM, Alonso DR, Silane MF and Stemerman MB: Further studies on the effect of regenerated endothelium on intimal lipid accumulation. Progress in Biochem Pharm 13:115-122, 1977.
6. Stoney RJ, Silane MF, Salvatierra O: Ex vivo renal artery reconstruction. Arch Surg 113:1272-1278, November 1978.
7. Lindon JN, Brier-Russell D, Silane MF, Smith M, LaBarre D, Dincer A, Rosenberg R, Merrill E, Salzman E: Heparin-coated surfaces that bind antithrombin have reduced platelet reactivity. Thromb & Haemosta 42:131, 1979.
9. Silane MF, Lindon J, LaBarre D, Rosenberg R, Merrill E, Salzman E: Interaction of antithrombin and thrombin with heparinized polymer surfaces. Blood 54:1-301a, 1979.
10. Silane MF, Lindon J, LaBarre E, Brier-Russell D, Rosenberg R, Merrill E, Salzman EW: Activation of antithrombin by heparin-coated thromboresistant surfaces. Clin Res 28: 497A, 1980.
11. Salzman EW, Silane MF, Lindon J, Brier-Russell D, Dincer A, Rosenberg R, LaBarre D., Merrill E. Thromboresistance of heparin-coated surfaces. In Brown, WV, Mann KG, Roberts HR, Lundblad RL, eds., The Chemistry and Biology of Heparin, New York: Elsevier North Holland, 435-448, 1981.
12. Silane MF, Lindon JN, Ransil BJ, Rosenberg RD, Salzman EW: Platelet aggregation induced in vivo by heparin and heparin fractions. Thromb & Haemosta 46:1-194, 1981.
13. Silane MF, Kohanna F. Smith MB, Lindon JN, Ransil BJ, Rosenberg RD, Salzman EW: Heparin- induced platelet aggregation in whole blood in vitro and in vivo. Proc 1st Intl Vascular Symposium, 407P, 1981.
14. Perry MO, Silane MF: Occlusive disease of peripheral arteries. In Gay WA, Goldsmith HS, eds., Practice of Surgery, Philadelphia: Harper and Row, Publishers, 3N:1-30, 1981.
15. Shires GT III, Peitzman AB, Albert SA, Illner H, Silane MF, Perry MO, Shires GT: Response of extravascular lung water to intraoperative fluids. Ann Surg 197:no 5, 515-519, May 1983.
- 4 -
16. Sos TA, Pickering TG, Sniederman KW, Saddekini S, Case DB, Silane MF, Faughan ED, Laragh JH: Percutaneous transluminal renal angioplasty in renovascular hypertension due to atheroma or fibromuscular dysplasia. NWJM 309:274-279, Aug. 4, 1983.
17. Stoney RJ, Silane MF: Surgical treatment of renovascular hypertension: ex vivo reconstruction. In Stanley JC, Ernst CB, Fry WJ, eds. Renovascular Hypertension, Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 320-326, 1984.
18. Perry MO, Silane MF: Management of renovascular problems during aortic operations. Arch Surg 119:681-685, 1984.
19. Sos TA, Pickering TG, Saddekini S, Srur M, Case DB, Silane MF, Vaughan ED, Laragh JH: The current role of renal angioplasty in the treatment of renovascular hypertension. In Novick AC, ed. The Urologic Clinics of North America, Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 503-513, 1984.
20. Weiner MA, Sniderman KW, Sos TA, Saddekni S, Silane M: Two cases of spontaneous lysis of arterial thrombi. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 7(1): 24-7, 1984.
21. Silane MF: New Therapy Update: Pentoxifylline. Cardiovascular Rev., 67: no 3, 364, March 1985.
22. Perry MO, Silane MF, Calcagno D, Spradlin S: Quantitative Doppler spectral analysis of extracranial carotid artery stenosis. NYS J Med 85:577-580, 1985.
23. Marcove RD, Lindeque BG, Silane MF: Pseudoaneurysm of the popliteal artery with an unusual arteriographic presentation. Clin Ortho and Related Research: 142-144, 1988.
24. Pickering TG, Herman L, Devereux RB, Sotelo JE, James GD, Sos TA, Silane MF, Laragh JH: Recurrent pulmonary edema as a manifestation of hypertension due to bilateral renal artery stenosis and its treatment by revascularization. Lancet: 551-552, 1988.
25. Rook JL, Green RF, Purgliese GN, Silane M: Thrombosis of axillary-femoral bypass secondary to prosthesis suspension belt. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1989 Jul; 70(7): 559-61.
26. Silane MF, Oot-Geromini B: Systemic and other factors that affect wound healing. In New Directions in Wound Healing, Princeton: E.R. Squibb and Sons, 39-53, 1990.
27. Jacewicz M, Abramson H, Gold J, Isom W, Krieger K, Silane MF, Pulsinelli W: Platelet-fibrin emboli in coronary bypass grafting. Neurology: 179-180, 1992.
28. Silane MF: Systemic and other factors that affect wound healing. Nurs RSA. 7(4): 41-6, 1992.
29. Gadaleta D, Fantini GA, Silane MF, Davis JM: Leukotriene generation and pulmonary dysfunction following aortic cross clamp in humans. Ann NY Acad Sci 723:470-472, 1994.
30. Gadaleta D, Fantini GA, Silane MF, Davis JM: Neutrophil leukotriene generation and pulmonary dysfunction following abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Surgery 116:847-852, 1994.
31. Bush HL, Hydo L, Fischer E, Barie PS, Silane MF, Fantini GA: Hypothermia during aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg 21:392-402, 1995.
32. Rubery PT, Smith MD, Camissa FP, Silane MF: Mycotic aortic aneurysm rupture after lumbar vertebral osteomyelitis: A report of two cases. J of Bone and Joint Surg Am 77 (11):1729-32, 1995.
33. Silane MF, Conte KM, Fantini GA. Kazam E: Aortic aneurysmal disease in women. Is there a greater incidence of suprarenal involvement? Ann N Y Acad Sci. 800: 256-7, 1996.
34. Malathi K, Kohyama S, Silane M, Berenstein A, and Jayaraman T: IP3 receptor interacts with and is phosphorylated by cdc2. Presented at FASEB Conference, New Orleans, LA (2001).
35. Kohyama S, Malathi K, Silane M, Berenstein A, and Jayaraman T: Gene expression profile after vascular injury. Presented at Southpacific AHA Conference, Honolulu, HI (2003).
36. Malathi K, Kohyama S, Ho M, Soghoian D, Li X, Silane M, Berenstein A, and Jayaraman T : Inositol 1,4,5-Trisphosphate receptor phosphorylation and modulation by cdc2. J Cell Biochem 90:1186-96, 2003.
37. Tantral L, Malathi K, Kohyama S, Silane M., Berenstein A, and Jayaraman T: Intracellular calcium release is required for caspase-3 and -9 activation. Cell Biochemistry and Function 22:35-40, 2004.
38. Berenstein A, Yoshino Y, Niimi Y, Jayaraman T, and Silane M. Angiographic and histological correlation in a large canine bifurcation aneurysm. Presented at World Federation of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiologists, Recife, Brazil.